About Inquiry proceedings & shareholder disputes
The Lexence litigation team is highly experienced in advising and representing companies, directors, supervisory board members and shareholders in this specialized area of corporate litigation.
The team also regularly acts, where appropriate in cooperation with valuators, in the various other proceedings under Dutch law aimed at settling shareholder disputes. These include squeeze-out proceedings, sell-out proceedings, arbitrations and binding-advice proceedings.
- Represented a trust office director in inquiry proceedings between two shareholders of a joint venture company;
- Represented the majority shareholder in inquiry proceedings in which the minority shareholders sought to block the company’s delisting;
- Represented various minority shareholders in a dispute with the other shareholders about, among other things, an alleged lack of transparency and financial mismanagement, resulting in an amicable buyout;
- Assisted a company in arranging emergency financing;
- Acted for the bidders in various squeeze-out proceedings following successful public takeover bids.