In the area of planning, the team regularly deals with zoning plans and environmental permits and advises on fire safety, asbestos, energy conservation and requirements under the Dutch Buildings Decree (among other issues). The team’s environmental law practice covers issues such as soil contamination, air and water quality, noise pollution and nature conservation. The team also handles litigation relating to planning blight or compensation for losses resulting from government decisions.
Naturally, the team also has expertise in general administrative law, for example in the areas of supervision and enforcement, freedom of information requests and the Public Administration (Integrity in Decision-Making) Act (Bibob).
The team represents investors, management companies, developers, builder-developers, governmental bodies and others in matters involving retail establishments, offices, residences and hotels.
In short, the team’s expertise includes:
- Spatial planning;
- Land-use plans;
- Environmental permits;
- Land development and policy;
- Planning blight;
- Compensation for losses resulting from government decisions;
- Soil, noise and air pollution;
- Supervision and enforcement;
- Freedom of information requests under the Government Information (Public Access) Act (WOB);
- The Public Administration (Integrity in Decision-Making) Act (Bibob).
''The many years of cooperation with Michael Klijnstra on environmental issues has resulted in detailed file knowledge in often complex subjects, which, in combination with the legal input, leads to successful cooperation.''